Construction and renovation of bridges
Latvian-Lithuanian joint venture
The history of the Latvian-Lithuanian joint venture "Viadukts" Ltd dates back to 1946 when a bridge construction train with the original name "Мостопоезд 446" (Bridge Train 446) was founded in Kaliningrad. Later, in 1969, it became known as "Мостоотряд 24" (Bridge Unit 24). Its mission was to rebuild the railway and road bridges that were destroyed after the end of World War II. Initially, the company focused on restoring objects within the borders of Russia, including the railway steel bascule bridge in Polessk, the underground railway bridge, and the girder bridge over the Pregolya River in Kaliningrad.
Gradually, starting from 1949, the company expanded its operations to Lithuania, where it constructed several significant bridges, including one of the tallest bridges over the Dubysa river, the Vansu bridge in Vilnius, the railway bridge in Ludvėnai, the bridge over the Neman river in Jurbarkas, and in Šulutė, as well as the pedestrian promenade bridge in Palanga that extends into the sea. Since 1954, the company "Мостопоезд 446" relocated to the railway station "Krustpils" in Latvia, and construction works in Latvia began. Bridge reconstructions were carried out along railway sections Krustpils–Jelgava, Krustpils–Daugavpils, and Krustpils – Rēzekne, and a bridge for cars over the Daugava river in Daugavpils was constructed from metal structures.
On October 7, 1991, the company "Мостоотряд 24" was transformed into a joint-stock company with the aim of contributing to the development of the Latvian economy by conducting efficient business operations.
"Viadukts" specializes in railway, railway bridge, road bridge, pedestrian bridge, overpass, tunnel, waterfront pier and other artificial structure construction and reconstruction, as well as in construction materials production and other related activities.
Some of the most significant construction projects carried out by "Viadukts" include the reconstruction of the Northern highway bridge in 2005, the construction of the Saulkrasti bypass road (Lilaste road Overpass, railway overpass construction at “Lilaste” station) in 2006, and the Saulkrasti bypass road construction works at the railway crossing in “Skulte” station in 2007. In 2008, reconstruction work began on the Pērse bridge, Iecava bridge, Nītaure street and railway crossing reconstruction in Sigulda municipality, as well as the reconstruction of the Lobe bridge and many other significant projects in Latvia. In 2012, the Valmiera bridge over the Gauja river was put into operation. The reconstruction of the P8 Mazā Jugla bridge took place in 2016. In 2021, the reconstruction of the road bridge on the P86 Sērene-Kalnieši 7.56 km highway was completed. In 2022, the reconstruction of the bridge over the Garbaru river on Klusā street in Ludza was completed. In 2023, the construction of the road bridge and pedestrian/cyclist path on the A2 49.900 km highway in Sigulda began, as well as the reconstruction of the bridge on the regional road P61 Krāslava-Dagda 5.07 km.
Significant structures always leave their mark on the pages of history. One such construction in Riga is the Southern bridge over the Daugava river with access roads, the most ambitious and largest construction project in the Baltic States in the last 25 years, spanning 8 kilometers in total.
Currently, the company employs approximately 150 workers.